Thursday, February 21, 2008

First he was dead and then he was... alive.

So, it has been many months since I have updated this. A large portion of that is due to the lack of regular internet access, and a lack of time to properly type something up for We Are Murderers. Until today.

I tip-toed around the internet in search of a few songs to listen to on MySpace, when I noticed a band I didn't remember adding (what a common occurrence) post a bulletin - it was a group formerly known as Sex Pests, now incarnated as O, CHILDREN. On a half-whim I added them late last year when they only had one raw track up and their identities were still a mystery; to my surprise, they've developed a lot in that time.

With songs like "Ace Breasts" and "Perfect 10", you get the wrong first impression - or perhaps just the right one. Lyrics about finding dream girls and opening up an "ace breast store" are eerily boomed in harsh vocals over snappy synths and drums that pulse like a dolourous heartbeat. If there is any fun and flirtation in their demos, it feels as if it is only at the surface.


O, CHILDREN

No comments: